Recognized Official Programs
To qualify for credit towards graduation, students in a recognized official program must complete:
- A theory component
- An exam (written or oral)
- Practical officiating experience (that is evaluated and signed by an authorized organization or club representative)
Once all program criteria are met, students can submit completion documents to their provincial sport organization for review. The provincial sport organization will issue a verification letter to use for graduation credit.
- UXSO 10 (2 credits): Theory course, examination, evaluation and 25 hours of practical officiating.
- UXSO 11 (4 credits): Theory course, examination, evaluation and 50 hours of practical officiating.
- UXSO 12 (4 credits): Theory course, examination, evaluation and 50 hours of practical officiating.
Knowledge and Assessment
- Student officials must have completed a theory component, passed an examination, and completed practical experience with an evaluation signed by a PSO designated official’s educator or evaluator.
- For the practical officiating experience, a student official must commit the minimum number of officiating hours as indicated in the above table. Officiating hours can be acquired in more than one sport. For students who accumulate officiating hours in more than one sport, it is mandatory they complete the theory, examination and evaluation/assessment component independently for each sport. The student official must have a record (booklet, passport, etc.) that is signed by a PSO designated official to confirm the number of hours spent on the practical component.
The following are approved official programs and their associated graduation credits.
|Provincial Sport Organization||Official 10
|Alpine Ski||Level 1||Level 2|
|Athletics||Provisional & Level 1 Introductory||Level 2 – Technical||Level 3 – Junior / Student|
|Baseball||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Cerebral Palsy Sports (SportAbility)||Junior/Provincial Boccia Referee|
|Diving||Level 1||Level 2|
|Field Hockey||Provincial B Certification||Provincial A Certification|
|Hockey||Level 2||Level 3|
|Karate||Jr. Judge C||Jr. Judge B||Referee B or A|
|Lacrosse||Entry Level||Level 1||Level 2|
|Netball||High School/Junior League Official|
|Racquetball||Tech B Official||Level 1||Level 2|
|Ringette||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Rugby||Rugby Officiating Level 1|
|Sailing||Race Management 1||Race Management 2||Judge Level 1 White|
|Soccer||Small Sided Referee||Entry Level Referee 1st Year||Entry Level Referee 2nd Year|
|Softball||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Speed Skating *short or long track||Level 1 Speed Skating Certified||Level 2 Theory|
|Swimming||Pre-Level 1||Level 1||Level 2|
|Tennis||TCOP Certified Local Official||TCOP Certified Provincial Official||TCOP Certified National Official|
|Volleyball||Local Official||Provincial Official|
|Water Polo||Regional Official|
|Waterski / Wakeboard||WSWBC Officials Level 3|
|Weightlifting||Provincial Category 5||Provincial Category 4||National Category 3|
|Wrestling||BC Official-C||BC Official-B||BC Official-A|