What to expect during the 2022/23 school year
Last updated: January 27, 2022
On this page
- Online and distributed learning programs stay the same
- A few things will change
- Things you can do
- What happens next?
Here's an overview of what to expect from now until June 2023 as the new online learning model is implemented.
Students can continue to enrol in online learning programs just like they normally would in previous years. See how to sign up for online learning.
- Kindergarten to Grade 7 students can enrol in full programs inside or outside their district, or with an independent school
- Grades 8 to 12 students can enrol in a full program inside or outside their district
- Grades 8 to 12 students can cross-enrol and enrol outside their district with a public or independent school
During the 2022/23 year:
B.C.’s education stakeholders and Indigenous rightsholders will continue development of the new online learning model. This includes:
- A new policy and procedures guide
- A new accountability and quality assurance process
Some schools will adopt the provincial online course platform (called a learning management system or LMS). All provincial online learning schools will use the LMS in the 2023/24 school year.
More information will be made available throughout this school year as soon as it’s available.
Policies, processes and other details for the new online learning model are under development with B.C.’s education stakeholders and Indigenous rightsholders.
In the meantime, you can:
- Continue checking this website for updates
- Find out what we've heard from parents so far
- Stay in touch with your program coordinator or administrator and your local Parent Advisory Council
- Email our team any thoughts: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the 2023/24 school year, the new online learning model will be implemented and new provincial online learning schools will launch for students across B.C.