Electronic Transfer Procedures
Last updated: May 27, 2019
All electronic data transfers must be submitted via the School Secure Web or SSW.
Under the heading “TRAX Data Transfers”, you will find two links:“Upload TRAX Data Files (DEM, XAM and CRS)” and “TRAX Data Error and Non-Grad Reports”.
If you submit TRAX files for more than one school, you must be logged on as the school you are submitting. If you normally submit TRAX files for all schools in your district, you can do this by logging onto the District Secure Web and accessing the “Upload TRAX Files” function.
To submit TRAX electronic data files:
- Log in to SSW
- Click on the “Upload TRAX Data Files” link. The screen may go blank white and may take a few seconds to load.
- Click on the “Browse” button.
- Locate the folder in which your DEM, XAM and CRS files are located and select all three files in the window.
- Click on the “Open” button at the bottom of the window.
- Click on the “Upload” button on the left side of the screen.
- The "File Upload Results" screen should display within 30 seconds. Check that all three files (DEM, XAM and CRS) have submission numbers and record them.
To confirm your files were processed and to check the TRAX Data Transfer Error and Non-Grad reports:
Reports will usually be posted within 3 hours after the Ministry receives your submission.
- Access the reports via the “TRAX Data Error and Non-Grad Reports” link and check the report date to ensure it reflects your most recent submission.
- If necessary, correct errors in your data to resolve any concerns with your Error and/or Non-Grad reports.
- Resubmit new TRAX files to the Ministry, if necessary.
- Check the error reports again to see if any errors still exist and resubmit as necessary.