Welcome to the BC Public Service Sessions
A Welcome to the BC Public Service session will introduce you to life in the public service.
These sessions are designed specifically for auxiliary and regular employees who are early in their careers and new to the BC Public Service. Co-op employees have their own uniquely designed set of orientation activities. Go to the Co-op Connect Hub to find out more.
Benefits of attending
These sessions involve group activities and offer useful tips and information to make your employment experience successful.
- Provide a sense of where you fit in and how you can make an impact in this large organization
- Explain how to create career development opportunities
- Explore the Standards of Conduct
- Give you a chance to network with other new employees and with senior public service executives
- Include an Oath of Employment ceremony
- Allow time for each participant to have a photo taken to use for professional profiles (e.g. summer.gov.bc.ca, LinkedIn, etc.)
New employees have 90 days to complete their Oath of Employment. Current picture ID is required to complete the Oath.
Register for a session
Use the Learning System to find an upcoming session. Click on "Learning Home" and then type "welcome" into the "Search for Learning" window.
Schedule: Multiple sessions are held every month. As new sessions are scheduled, they're added to the Learning System.
Ask questions or get more information: Onboarding.Support@gov.bc.ca