Highway 7 & Highway 9 Shoulder Enhancement and Asphalt Resurfacing
Highway 7 and Highway 9 are important north-south travel routes between the Village of Harrison and the District of Kent. This corridor serves as a critical route for moving goods, linking communities and supporting a popular tourism destination in the region.
This project will provide wider shoulders along the corridor and the resurfacing work will provide a smoother roadway.
- Preliminary design has been completed
- Detailed design work is currently ongoing
- Environmental reviews and applications are ongoing
- Utility relocation coordination is ongoing
- Wider shoulders will provide a safer experience for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians who use the corridor.
- The resurfaced roadway will provide a smoother roadway for drivers and require less maintenance.
- Promotes other modes of transportation.
A public information session was held on March 21, 2018 in Agassiz to provide an opportunity for the public to learn more about this project.