Deering Bridge Rehabilitation Project
The bridge on Deering Road between Highway 14 and Pacific Marine Road north of Port Renfrew requires substructure upgrades to maintain safety, reliability and extend the life of the crossing.
The one-lane bridge on Deering Road spans the San Juan river and provides a key connection to local communities and people travelling through the area. The underside of the bridge has experienced significant deterioration and requires repair. The crossing must maintain safe and reliable operation until a long-term replacement or alternate route solution for the crossing can be developed.
The project will:
- Rehabilitate the existing elements of the bridge substructure
- Extend the life of the bridge
- Improve reliability for users and communities
The anticipated construction schedule is November 2, 2020 – January 31, 2021, subject to change.
During construction, bridge closures will be as follows:
- Bridge closures between 7:00AM and 5:00PM Monday to Friday
- Openings at 9:30AM, 12:00PM, and 2:30PM
- Access for emergency vehicles will be available at all times, as necessary
Additional travel information will be shared on this site throughout construction.
View the approval notice under the Canadian Navigable Waters Act.
Click here for information on other projects taking place as part of the Highway 14 Corridor Improvements program.