Standard Specifications for Highway Construction
Standard specifications for highway construction serves as a standard reference in construction contracts.
The specifications outline minimum requirements for highway construction in British Columbia. Where modifications are necessary to suit local conditions they will be specified in special provisions for each contract.
The 2016 Standard Specifications for Highway Construction is completed and is adopted July 1, 2016.
- 2016 Standard Specifications for Highway Construction Volume 1 (12MB PDF)
July 1, 2016
- 2016 Standard Specifications for Highway Construction Volume 2 (78MB PDF)
July 1, 2016
Amendments the Standard Specifications are detailed below.
Special Provisions Appendix to the 2016 Standard Specifications for Highway Construction (PDF, 3.7MB)
Adopted November 2, 2016
Updated December 7, 2018
- Section 101 - Quality Management
- Section 125 - Value Engineering - Proposal Guidelines
- Section 145 - General Requirements for Highway, Bridge and Marine Construction
- Section 218 - Concrete for Minor Works
- Section 312 - Steel Traffic Barriers and Wood Posts
- Section 321 - Traffic Marking Paint and Special Markings Section 407 - Foundation Excavation
- Section 412 - Concrete Reinforcement
- Section 515 - Hot-In-Place Recycled Asphalt pavement
- Section 582 - Concrete Curb And Gutter And Storm Drainage
- Section 586 - Plant Mixed Portland Cement Treated Base Course
- Section 604 - Steel Traffic Barrier Construction
- Section 741 - Fence Construction
- Section 751 - Topsoil And Landscape Grading
- Section 757 - Revegetation Seeding
- Section 905 - Timber Glued Laminated
- Section 906 - Round Timber Piles
- Section 952 - Contractor Supply Asphalt And Paving Materials For Highway Use
- Section 201 - Roadway and Drainage Excavation (November 2, 2016)
- Section 320 - Corrugated Steel Pipe (February 6, 2017)
- Section 502 - Asphalt (February 24, 2017)
- Section 635 - Electrical and Signing (January 30, 2017)
Historical Standard Specifications 2004-2012
Standard specifications for highway construction for previous years are available for review.