Village of Telkwa
- Bulkley Nechako Regional Transit System
Telephone: 1 855 499-1119
Provides connections to Smithers via Burns Lake via Route 162, 3 days per week.
- Smithers and District Transit System
Telephone: 250 847-4993
- BE SAFE (PDF, 3.2MB)
Personal safety tips for walking or using public transportation.
- Telephone: 9-1-1
if an ambulance is needed.
- Northern Health Connections
Toll Free: 1 888 647-4997
Travel service program for medical appointments outside your community.
- First Nations Health Authority Health Benefits Program
Toll Free: 1 855 550-5454
BC First Nations medical transportation benefits.
- BC Bus North
To make reservations or for more information
Toll Free: 1-844-564-7494
- VIA Rail Canada Schedule
Toll Free: 1 888 VIA-Rail (842-7245)
Rail service between Prince Rupert and Prince George.
- Village of Telkwa
Information on local transportation services.
- Dze L K'ant Friendship Centre
Telephone: 250 847-5211
Provides connections to Telkwa, Smithers and Houston.
- Driving School Locations
Learn driving skills, knowledge and attitudes to become a safe driver.
- Driver Training Industry of British Columbia
Toll Free: 1 866 339-0363
Ask about opening a driving school or teaching a driver training course.
- Driver’s Licence Classes and Types
Identify the driver's licence needed to operate a type of vehicle or service.
- Commercial Driver’s Licence
Toll Free: ICBC at 1 800 950-1498.
A commercial driver’s licence to operate a shuttle service requires a safe driving record.
- Village of Telkwa Business Licensing
Telephone: 250 846-5212
Obtain a licence to operate a transportation business.
- Commercial Passenger Vehicle Program
Toll Free:1 800 663-7867
Obtain a provincial licence to operate transportation services.
- Autoplan Broker Location Service
Toll Free: 1 800 663-3051
Ask an Autoplan Broker about vehicle and liability insurance needed to operate a passenger transportation service.