Jul 11, 2011 - B.C. Community Gaming Grant Review is Underway
Premier Christy Clark has appointed Skip Triplett, former president of Kwantlen Polytechnic University, to lead the Community Gaming Grant Review, with the final report to be delivered by Oct. 31, 2011.
The Community Gaming Grant Review will examine the role of government in allocating gaming revenue with input from charities, community members, industry representatives and local government. The Terms of Reference include reviewing and providing options for:
- Existing legislation governing community gaming grant funding.
- Funding formula.
- Criteria/eligibility for community gaming grants.
- Processes involved with applying for and receiving community gaming grants.
- A multi-year funding model.
- The future role of government in community gaming grants.
Follow the links below for more information about the Community Gaming Grant Review:
- Provincial News Release - Skip Triplett to lead review of Community Gaming Grant
- Community Gaming Grant Review Website - link is no longer available
(background and contact information, viewpoint submission, updates and more)
- Community Gaming Grant Information
(current information about types of grants, eligibility, application process, etc.)
Read the Community Gaming Grant Review Report (PDF).