Jul 11, 2011 - B.C. Community Gaming Grant Review is Underway
Premier Christy Clark has appointed Skip Triplett, former president of Kwantlen Polytechnic University, to lead the Community Gaming Grant Review, with the final report to be delivered by Oct. 31, 2011.
The Community Gaming Grant Review will examine the role of government in allocating gaming revenue with input from charities, community members, industry representatives and local government. The Terms of Reference include reviewing and providing options for:
- Existing legislation governing community gaming grant funding.
- Funding formula.
- Criteria/eligibility for community gaming grants.
- Processes involved with applying for and receiving community gaming grants.
- A multi-year funding model.
- The future role of government in community gaming grants.
Read the Community Gaming Grant Review Report (PDF).