Dec 16, 2010 - Gaming Grants Support Christmas Hampers, Food Banks
Gaming grants totaling $853,700 will help to stock shelves and raise spirits at nearly two dozen food banks and seasonal hamper programs serving less fortunate families and individuals in 21 B.C. communities.
In addition to the seasonal grants, the Province is:
- Awarding $619,000 to 48 groups across B.C. involved in arts and culture, delivering human and social services, and facilitating sports for youth and people with disabilities.
- Making nearly $2.1 million in payments under multi-year agreements with 51 human and social services; arts, culture and sport; and environment-related groups.
- Providing $52,880 to 11 parent advisory councils that filed late grant applications for 2010-11.
Click the following links for more information about community gaming grants:
- 2010/11 Community Gaming Grant Recipients in the Following Categories
(December Distribution) (PDF):
- Human and Social Services (including seasonal grants)
- Arts and Culture
- Sports for Youth and Disabled Persons
- Parent Advisory Councils
- Prior multi-year commitments in various categories
- Community Gaming Grant Information