Sharing results of a criminal record check
The Criminal Records Review Program (CRRP) is unable to share the results of criminal record checks completed at a police or RCMP station.
If you are an employee or volunteer, you can share the results of your criminal record check, at no cost, with other organizations enrolled or registered with the Criminal Records Review Program (CRRP).
To share a criminal record check:
- Ensure your check was completed by the CRRP within the last 5 years
- Contact the organization you want to share your results with to confirm it is registered with the CRRP and that it is willing to accept your previous criminal record check clearance
- Be certain your check screened the same "works with" type as previously completed: either children, vulnerable adults, or children and vulnerable adults
If the organization is willing to accept your previous results, they must:
- Provide you with a web link and access code where you will complete a request to share a criminal record check, or
- Provide you with a Sharing Consent Package
If your employer or volunteer organization has agreed to accept a Sharing Consent Package, they must follow the appropriate submission instructions
Note: An organization can decide whether or not it will accept a shared criminal record check result and may ask you to consent to a new criminal record check manually or online.