Apply for an Appointment as a Commissioner for Taking Affidavits
You may request appointment as a Commissioner for Taking Affidavits by completing the application instructions below. Applications with incomplete, illegible or missing information will not be accepted.
- Complete the Application Form to Request an Appointment (PDF, 1.6MB): complete all sections and provide detailed information on the purpose of the appointment in the space provided.
- Read the Information and Instruction Guide (PDF): the guide contains important information on the roles and responsibilities of a commissioner and will assist you in preparing for the examination.
- Take the Examination for Commissioner for Taking Affidavits (PDF): the examination ensures that applicants understand the scope of a commissioner’s authority and how to perform these duties properly. You must successfully complete the examination for an appointment to be granted.
- Provide payment of the appointment fee (if required): a cheque or money order for $50, made payable to the Minister of Finance, is required for an appointment to be granted. Payment is not required if you are an officer or employee of: the government of British Columbia or Canada; a municipality; a regional district or the trust council; a treaty First Nation; the Nisga’a Nation or a Nisga’a Village; or a veterans’ organization. These officers and employees may email their application and examination to the Order in Council Administration Office
- Mail the application package: send the completed application form, examination, and payment to:
Commissioners for Taking Affidavits Program
Order in Council Administration Office
Ministry of Attorney General
P.O. Box 9280 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria, B.C. V8W 9J7
Allow 8 weeks for application processing.