Silviculture surveys are used to measure reforestation success and help to predict future inventory conditions of B.C.'s forests.
Silviculture survey procedures and field cards
For information on silviculture survey data collection and compilation, please refer to the Silviculture Survey Procedures Manual and FS660 below. These documents cover regeneration delay, stocking, and free growing surveys, as well as alternative methodologies for complex stand structures. These procedures provide the necessary guidance to meet legislated reporting requirements.
Silviculture Survey Field Cards:
- 2023- FS657 Silviculture Survey General Site Info Card
- 2023- FS658 Silviculture Survey Plot Card
- 2023- FS659 Silviculture Survey Plot Summary Card
- 2023- FS660 Silviculture Survey Reference Card
- 2023- FS 1138A Silviculture Survey Confidence Limits Card
Order paper cards from www.dcv.gov.bc.ca (government clients) or email@example.com/ 1 800 282 7955 (non government clients).
Accreditation program and exams
Silviculture surveyors often have a complex role in the collection, compilation and analysis of silviculture surveys data. Surveyors make recommendations that aid in forest management decisions, including those that prove legislated reforestation obligations have been achieved. The Silviculture Surveyors Accreditation program is designed to ensure surveyors are capable and well trained and understand their performance expectations to ensure good quality silviculture surveys.
Surveyors can design their training to suit their specific needs.
- Accreditation Brochure and Performance Objectives (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Accredited Surveyors List (PDF, 514KB)
- 2024 Courses and Accreditation Exam Schedule (PDF, 409KB)
Silviculture survey training modules
BC Silviculture Surveys YouTube channel:
- Video- What's New 2023- Sections 1-6, 10, and Appendices
- Video- What's New 2023- Sections 7 & 8
- Video- What's New 2023- Section 9
- Video- What's New 2023- Condensed- Changes since 2022
- Video- 2023 FS658 and FS659
- Video- RESULTS Reporting Updates: Planting Spatial/Stratification/Terminology & Road Tubes
- Video- FPPR 46.11(2): Using Stratification to Achieve Non-Timber Objectives
Alternative Survey Methodologies & Retention Reporting: