Silviculture surveys are used to measure reforestation success and help to predict future inventory conditions of B.C.'s forests.
Silviculture Survey Procedures
Get data collection and compilation of silviculture surveys, including stocking and free growing, plantability, brushing and forest health assessments. These are considered to be the best management practices that will guide you in meeting the legislated reporting requirements. Documents are updated as necessary.
- Silviculture Surveys Procedures Manual – 2016 (PDF, 7.7MB)
- FS 660 Field Card with Updated Procedures – 2017 (PDF, 2.7MB)
Accreditation Program & Exams
Silviculture surveyors often have a complex role in the collection, compilation and analysis of silviculture surveys data. Surveyors make recommendations that aid in forest management decisions, including those that prove legislated reforestation obligations have been achieved. The Silviculture Surveyors Accreditation program is designed to ensure surveyors are capable and well trained and understand their performance expectations to ensure good quality silviculture surveys.
Surveyors can design their training to suit their specific needs.
- Accreditation Brochure and Performance Objectives (PDF)
- Accredited Surveyors List (PDF)
- Courses and Accreditation Exam Schedule (PDF)
Silviculture Survey Online Training Modules
- Basic Survey Training – 2011 (PDF, 4MB)
- Retention Reporting Matrix (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Retention Measuring and Reporting - Module 1 (PDF, 3.5MB)
- Retention Surveys - Module 2 (PDF, 3.5MB)