This guide is intended to assist a new grower in making the decision of whether to enter the hazelnut or hard nut sector.
A hazelnut orchard offers the opportunity for a personally and financially rewarding business venture for the dedicated owner who has a sound business plan.
The sector is attractive to new growers due to the small land base and graduated capital investment; however, a wide range of knowledge is required and, there are many things to be considered before investing in a hazelnut operation.
- Table 2: Tree orchard, Nut and kernel Characteristics of some Hazelnut Varieties (PDF)
- Table 3: Compatibility of Hazelnut varieties with the Gasaway gene for resistance to Eastern Filbert Blight-Recommended pollinizers (PDF)
- Table 4: Calendar of operational activities in hazelnut orchards (PDF)
- Table 5: Insecticides Registered for Use In Hazelnuts (PDF)
- Table 7: Fungicides registered for use for use in hazelnuts (PDF)
- Table 8: List of herbicides registered for use in Hazelnuts (PDF)