BC Housing is a crown corporation. It reports to the Minister of Housing.
Key BC Housing responsibilities are to:
- Develop, manage and administer subsidized housing options
- Support affordable housing
- Administer rent supplements
- Collaborate with stakeholders
- Support outreach, emergency shelters and transitional housing for people who are homeless or at risk-of-homelessness
- Carry out research and education to benefit the residential construction industry, consumers and the affordable housing sector and to regulate residential construction through its Licensing and Consumer Services
- BC Housing also has a wide range of partners including: local governments, non-profit organizations, Indigenous organizations and developers.
The content on this website is periodically reviewed and updated by the Province of British Columbia as per the date noted on each page: December 8, 2022.