Palliative Care Benefits (Plan P) - Information for Prescribers
BC Palliative Care Benefits are available to B.C. residents of any age who have reached the end stage of a life-threatening disease or illness and wish to receive palliative care at home, meaning wherever they are living.
This can be in their own home, with family or friends, in a supportive/assisted living residence, or in a hospice unit at a residential care facility (e.g., a community hospice bed that is not covered under PharmaCare’s Residential Care Plan (Plan B)).
Eligible patients receive:
- Coverage of medications used in palliative care through the PharmaCare BC Palliative Care Drug Plan (Plan P), and
- Medical supplies and equipment through the local health authority
Forms and guides
- BC Palliative Care Benefits Registration Form (HLTH 349) (PDF, 389KB)
- Prescriber Guide (PDF, 1.0MB)
- Palliative Care Drug Plan (Plan P) Formulary
- Patient Information Sheet (PDF, 475KB)
Prescribers can order printed forms, if required, by contacting the coverage confirmation line at the number provided on page 7 of the Prescriber Guide (PDF, 277KB).