Palliative Care Benefits (Plan P) - Information for Prescribers
BC Palliative Care Benefits are available to B.C. residents of any age who have reached the end stage of a life-threatening disease or illness and who wish to receive palliative care at home, meaning wherever the person is living. This can be in their own home, with family or friends, in a supportive/assisted living residence, or in a hospice unit at a residential care facility (e.g., a community hospice bed that is not covered under PharmaCare’s Residential Care Plan (Plan B)).
Eligible patients receive
- Coverage of medications used in palliative care through the PharmaCare BC Palliative Care Drug Plan (Plan P), and
- Medical supplies and equipment through the local health authority.
Forms and Guides
- BC Palliative Care Benefits Registration Form (HLTH 349) (PDF, 389KB)
- Prescriber Guide (PDF, 1.0MB)
- Palliative Care Drug Plan Formulary (PDF, 385KB)
- Patient Information Sheet (PDF, 475KB)
Prescribers can order printed forms, if required, by contacting the coverage confirmation line at the number provided on page 7 of the Prescriber Guide (PDF, 277KB).