Limited Coverage Drugs - Special Authority Criteria
Generic Name / Strength / Form
salbutamol nebules and solutions
|1. Person who has cognitive impairment
has had an unsuccessful trial in the use of an inhaler attached to an aerochamber with a mouthpiece.
2. Person who is living independently
3. Resident of a long-term care facility
4. Person who has difficulty generating adequate inspiratory effort to achieve therapeutic benefit from an inhaler with an aerochamber.
- No practitioner exemptions
- Special Authority is not required for individuals 18 years and younger.