Disability Assistance Rate Table
Effective: May 1, 2021
- All rates are monthly.
- An additional Transportation Supplement is provided to a person with the Persons with Disabilities designation as $52 in cash or as an in-kind bus pass.
- In addition to the support rate, families may also receive a monthly payment for each child under 19 years of age. For more information, see Child Benefits Top-up Supplement.
- Families of two or more that include someone on Old Age Security (OAS) are entitled to a maximum shelter rate for the family size.
- Shelter increments continue to increase by an additional $35 for each additional dependant after unit size 7.
- Disability assistance is paid in the month following designation. In cases where designation occurs prior to the individual's 18th birthday, payments begin in the month of the 18th birthday.
This webpage was last updated: June 24, 2021