Disability Assistance Rate Table
Effective: April 1, 2019
- All rates are monthly.
- An additional Transportation Supplement is provided to a person with the Persons with Disabilities designation as $52 in cash or as an in-kind bus pass.
- In addition to the support rate, families may also receive a monthly payment for each child under 19 years of age. For more information, see Child Benefits Top-up Supplement.
- Families of two or more that include someone on Old Age Security (OAS) are entitled to a maximum shelter rate for the family size.
- Shelter increments continue to increase by an additional $35 for each additional dependant after unit size 7.
- Disability assistance is paid in the month following designation. In cases where designation occurs prior to the individual's 18th birthday, payments begin in the month of the 18th birthday.
- In cases where the family unit consists of a couple where one adult only receives OAS/GIS/Allowance and the Senior's Supplement and the family receives top up from BCEA, the system will automatically deduct these payments. Deductions are first taken from the family’s support portion, then the shelter portion. Any remaining entitlement will be paid by the system [for the OAS/GIS and Senior’s Supplement rates, see Rate Tables – Senior’s Supplement].
This webpage was last updated: April 1, 2019