Farm Practice: Reports Role
BCFIRB may, under the Farm Practices Protection (Right to Farm) Act (section 11) conduct studies and make recommendations concerning any matter related to farm practices (for example, use of propane cannons).
These activities may be initiated by:
- BCFIRB’s own initiative,
- The request of a municipality,
- The request of a regional district,
- The request of a trust council under the Islands Trust Act, or
- The request or direction of the Minister of Agriculture.
To date, public reports published by BCFIRB regarding farm practices include:
- Farm Practices and Conflict Management: Options for Provincial Government, Local Government, Farm Industry, and the B.C. Farm Industry Review Board (2011) (PDF)
- Review of the Use and Regulation of Propane Cannons in the South Coastal Region (2009) (PDF)
- Review of Wildlife Damage Control (Propane Cannons) (1999) (PDF)
Presentations by BCFIRB:
- Propane Cannons Presentation to City of Abbotsford (December 7, 2012) (PDF)
- Propane Cannon Use in Coastal B.C. (2009) (PDF)