The B.C. government provides open access to information about its activities. You can find out how government does business and makes decisions.
Last updated: March 30, 2023
How to access government information
1. Find information that's already available
- Information released regularly: Documents about government activities
- Freedom of information requests: Records already requested and published
Search the information catalogue
You can also search the BC Data Catalogue to access information from government data sets.
2. Request records
If the information you're looking for is not already available, you can make a formal request for records you believe the B.C. government has, including:
- Records about government activities or programs
- Personal records about yourself or someone else
Ask for help
Support accessing government records:
- Phone: 1-833-283-8200 (toll free)
- Email: FOI.Requests@gov.bc.ca
General information about government:
Have your say
Check out opportunities to share your ideas or knowledge with government. Join the conversation.