Publications – Peter Fielder
This researcher no longer works for the B.C. Government.
Research papers listed in order of publication date.
- Fielder, P. 2013. Growth, survival, and microclimate of conifers planted within forest gaps: results for the first five growing seasons. Prov. B.C. Victoria, B.C. Tech. Rep. 077.
- Kabzems, R., G. Harper, and P. Fielder. 2011. Link News. New findings guide management in boreal mixedwood forests. BC Journal of Ecosystems and Management 12(1):x-xi.
- Kabzems, R.D., G. Harper, and P. Fielder. 2011. Growing Space Management in Boreal Mixedwood Forests: 11-Year Results. West. J. Appl. For. 26(2):82-90.
- Harper, G.J., M. O'Neill, P.P. Fielder, T.A. Newsome, and S.C. DeLong. 2009. Lodgepole pine growth as a function of competition and canopy light environment within aspen dominated mixedwoods of central interior British Columbia. For. Ecol. Manage. 257(8):1829-1838.
- Thomas, K.D., G.J. Harper, P.G. Comeau, and P.P. Fielder. 2005. Effects of red alder on stand dynamics and nitrogen availability (MOF EP1121.01). B.C. Min. For. Range, Res. Br., Victoria, B.C. Exten. Note 76.
- Biring, B.S., P.G. Comeau, and P. Fielder. 2003. Long-term effects of vegetation control treatments for release of Engelmann spruce from a mixed-shrub community in Southern British Columbia. Ann. For. Sci. 60(7):681-690.
- Fielder, P. and P.G. Comeau. 2000. Construction and Testing of an Inexpensive PAR Sensor. B.C. Min. For., Victoria, B.C. Work. Pap. 53.
- Harper, G.J., P.G. Comeau, B.S. Biring, W.J. Reid, and P. Fielder. 1998. A comparison of mulch mat and herbicide treatments for reducing grass competition in the IDFww. B.C. Min. For., Res. Br., Victoria, B.C. Exten. Note 27.
- Binder, W.D., P. Fielder, G.H. Mohammed, and S.J. L'Hirondelle. 1997. Applications of chlorophyll fluorescence for stock quality assessment with different types of fluorometers. New Forests 13(1-3):63-89.
- Comeau, P.G., G.J. Harper, B.S. Biring, P. Fielder, and W.J. Reid. 1997. Effects of red alder on stand dynamics and nitrogen availability FRBC Project HQ96400-RE (MoF EP 1121.01). B.C. Min. For., Res. Br., Victoria, B.C. Exten. Note 09.
- Binder, W.D. and P. Fielder. 1996. Chlorophyll fluorescence as an indicator of frost hardiness in white spruce seedlings from different latitudes. New Forests 11(3):233-253.
- Binder, W.D. and P. Fielder. 1996. Seasonal changes in chlorophyll fluorescence of white spruce seedlings from different latitudes in relation to gas exchange and winter storability. New Forests 11(3):207-232.
- Binder, W.D. and P. Fielder. 1995. Heat damage in boxed white spruce (Picea glauca [Moench.] Voss) seedlings: Its pre-planting detection and effect on field performance. New Forests 9(3):237-259.
- Binder, W.D., P. Fielder, and S.J. L'Hirondelle. 1994. Variable chlorophyll fluorescence as a fast screen for frost hardiness and frost damage in white spruce seedlings. making the grade: an international symposium on planting stock performance and quality assessment. Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. September 11-15, 1994. 69 p.
- Fielder, P. and J.N. Owens. 1992. Shoot-tip respiration of 1st-year interior and coastal Douglas-fir seedlings during bud development. Can. J. For. Res. 22(5):765-768.
- Binder, W.D. and P. Fielder. 1991. A Preconditioning Light Box for Variable Chlorophyll Fluorescence Measurement: Its Requirement and Construction - Project 2.19. B.C. Min. For. and For. Can. FRDA Research Memo No. 151.
- Binder, W. and P. Fielder. 1990. The effect of elevated post-cold storage temperatures on the physiology and survival of boxed white spruce seedlings. FRDA Project 1.30.
- Binder, W.D., P. Fielder, R. Scagel, and G. Krumlik. 1989. Temperature and time-related variation of root growth in some conifer tree species. Can. J. For. Res. 20(8):1192-1199.
- Fielder, P. and J.N. Owens. 1989. A comparative study of shoot and root development of interior and coastal Douglas-fir seedlings. Can. J. For. Res. 19(5):539-549.
- Binder, W.D. and P. Fielder. 1988. The effects of elevated post-storage temperatures on the physiology and survival of white spruce (Picea glauca) (Moench) Voss.) seedlings. In: Proceedings, combined meeting of the Western Forest Nursery Associations: Western Forest Nursery Council, Forest Nursery Association of British Columbia, and Intermountain Forest Nursery Association. August 8-11, 1988 Vernon, British Columbia, USDA Forest Service GTR-RM-167. pp.122-126.