Publications – Jeanne Robert
Position Title: Regional Forest Entomologist
Contact: B.C. Government Directory
Jeanne provides science-based advice and leadership related to forest insect detection, monitoring, population dynamics, treatment, and mitigation to government senior management and operational front-line staff.
Current research projects
- Shelf life of beetle-killed spruce
- What is “diesel staining”?
- Spruce beetle population genetics (collaboration with UNBC)
- Temperature thresholds for overwintering spruce beetle (collaboration with NRCan)
- RNAi in lethal trap trees (collaboration with UNBC)
Listed in order of publication date.
- Acheampong, S., Ward B. Strong, M.D. Schwartz, R.J. Higgins, M.A. Thurston, E.J. Walker, and J. Robert. 2016. First Canadian records for two invasive seed-feeding bugs, Arocatus melanocephalus (Fabricius, 1798) and Raglius alboacuminatus (Goeze, 1778), and a range extension for a third species, Rhyparochromus vulgaris (Schilling, 1829) (Hemiptera: Heteroptera). J Ent Soc BC 113:74-78.
- Huber DPW and Robert JA. (2016) Chapter Three - The Proteomics and Transcriptomics of Early Host Colonization and Overwintering Physiology in the Mountain Pine Beetle, Dendroctonus ponderosae Hopkins (Coleoptera: Curculionidae). In: Advances in Insect Physiology. 50:101-128.
- Robert JA and Gillingham M. eds. (2016) Biodiversity Monitoring and Assessment Program, Final report to Chevron Inc.
- Robert JA, Bonnett T, Pitt C, Spooner L, Fraser J, Yuen M, Keeling CI, Bohlmann J, and Huber DPW. (2016). Gene expression analysis of overwintering mountain pine beetle larvae suggests multiple systems involved in overwintering stress, cold hardiness, and preparation for spring development. PeerJ. 4:e2109.
- Robert JA, Henry P, and Gillingham M. (2016) Field testing the assessment of baseline small mammal biodiversity using hair-snare techniques in combination with metabarcoding using next-generation sequencing. Biodiversity Monitoring and Assessment Program, Final report to Chevron Inc. Chapter 6.3
- Robert, J.A., L.L. Madilao, R. White, A. Yanchuk, J. King, and J. Bohlmann. 2010. Erratum: Terpenoid metabolite profiling in Sitka spruce identifies association of dehydroabietic acid, (+)-3-carene and terpinolene with resistance against white pine weevil. Botany 88(10):937. [Link]
- Robert, J.A., L.L. Madilao, R. White, A. Yanchuk, J. King, and J. Bohlmann. 2010. Terpenoid metabolite profiling in Sitka spruce identifies association of dehydroabietic acid, (+)-3-carene and terpinolene with resistance against white pine weevil. Botany 88(9):810-820. [Link]