Publications – Fred Hovey
This researcher no longer works for the B.C. Government.
Listed in order of publication date.
- Wittmer, H.U., B.N. McLellan, and F.W. Hovey. 2006. Factors influencing variation in site fidelity of woodland caribou (Rangifer tarandus caribou) in southeastern British Columbia. Can. J. Zool. 84(4):537-545. [Link]
- McLellan, B.N. and F.W. Hovey. 2001. Habitats selected by grizzly bears in a multiple-use landscape. J. Wildl. Manage. 65(1):92-99. [Link]
- McLellan, B.N. and F.W. Hovey. 2001. Natal dispersal of grizzly bears. Can. J. Zool. 79(5):838-844. [Link]
- McLellan, B.N., F.W. Hovey, and J.G. Woods. 2000. Rates and causes of grizzly bear mortality in the interior mountains of western North America. Pages 673-678. In At Risk: Proceedings of a Conference on the Biology and Management of Species and Habitats at Risk. February 15-19, 1999, Kamloops, British Columbia. Ministry of Environment, Lands and Parks, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. [PDF 41KB]
- McLellan, B.N., F.W. Hovey, R. Mace, J.G. Woods, D.W. Carney, M.L. Gibeau, W.L. Wakkinen, and W.F. Kasworm. 1999. Rates and causes of grizzly bear mortality in the interior mountains of British Columbia, Alberta, Montana, Washington and Idaho. J. Wildl. Manage. 63(3):911-920. [Link]
- Hovey, F.W. and B.N. McLellan. 1996. Estimating population growth of grizzly bears from the Flathead River drainage using computer simulations of reproduction and survival rates. Can. J. Zool. 74(8):1409-1416. [Link]
- McLellan, B.N. and F.W. Hovey. 1995. The diet of grizzly bears in the Flathead Drainage of southeastern British Columbia. Can. J. Zool. 73(4):704-712. [Link]
- McLellan, B.N. and F.W. Hovey. 1993. Development and preliminary results of partial-cut timber harvesting in a riparian area to maintain grizzly bear spring habitat values. p. 107-118 In Proceedings of Riparian Habitat Management and Research Symposium. May 4-5. Kamloops, B.C. K.H. Morgan and M.A. Lashmar. (editors).
- Hovey, F.W. 1987. Shrub burial by snow deposition in immature coastal forests: a review and recommendations. B.C. Min. Environ. and Parks and B.C. Min. For. and Lands, Victoria, B.C. IWIFR-35. www.for.gov.bc.ca/hfd/pubs/docs/Mr/Iwr35.htm [Link]
- Bunnell, F.L., K.L. Parker, L.L. Kremsater, and F.W. Hovey. 1986. Thermoregulation and thermal cover of deer and elk on Vancouver Island: a problem analysis. B.C. Min. For. and Lands and B.C. Min. Environ. and Parks, Victoria, B.C. IWIFR-28. www.for.gov.bc.ca/hfd/pubs/docs/Mr/Iwr28.htm [Link