Publications – Don Morgan
This researcher no longer works for the B.C. Government.
Listed in order of publication date.
- MacKillop, D., A. Fall, D. Morgan, E. Campbell, and S. Saunders. 2011. A systems approach to forest analysis: a landscape tool to assess ecological change, carbon, and multiple forest values in the Cranbrook TSA. In Columbia Mountains Institute of Applied Ecology (editor). Presentation summaries from Carbon Management in British Columbia Ecosystems Workshop, June 15-16, 2011, Nelson, BC. pp. 103-108
- McNay, R.S., G. Sutherland, and D.G. Morgan. 2011. Standardized occupancy maps for selected wildlife in Central British Columbia. BC Journal of Ecosystems and Management 12(1):118-135.
- Campbell, E.M., S.C. Saunders, K.D. Coates, D.V. Meidinger, A. MacKinnon, G.A. O'Neill, D.J. MacKillop, S.C. DeLong, and D.G. Morgan. 2009. Ecological resilience and complexity: a theoretical framework for understanding and managing British Columbia’s forest ecosystems in a changing climate. B.C. Min. For. Range, For. Sci. Prog., Victoria, B.C. Tech. Rep. 055. www.for.gov.bc.ca/hfd/pubs/Docs/Tr/Tr055.htm
- Morgan, D.G., R.S. McNay, and G. Sutherland. 2008. Mountain pine beetle and wildlife habitat supply. In: Mountain Pine Beetle: From Lessons Learned to Community-based Solutions Conference Proceedings, June 10-11, 2008. BC Journal of Ecosystems and Management 9(3):128.
- Morgan, D.G., S.A. Fall, and R. McCann. 2008. Ecosystem services in an uncertain world. In: Mountain Pine Beetle: From Lessons Learned to Community-based Solutions Conference Proceedings, June 10-11, 2008. BC Journal of Ecosystems and Management 9(3):127.
- Morgan, D. and K. Swift. 2008. Scenario planning being used to evaluate uncertain future supply of ecosystem services. LINK 10(3):10-12.
- Morgan, D. and A. Fall. 2004. Species at risk and land management: a framework for integration. in T.D. Hooper, editor. Proceedings of the Species at Risk 2004 Pathways to Recovery Conference. March 2-6, 2004, Victoria, B.C. Species at Risk 2004 Pathways to Recovery Conference Organizing Committee, Victoria, B.C.
- Fall, S., D. Daust, and D. Morgan. 2002. A Framework and Software Tool to Support Collaborative Landscape Analysis: Fitting Square Pegs into Square Holes. Transactions in GIS. 5(1):67-86.
- Morgan, D.G. and T. Glover. 2001. Distributing data ownership - The Northwestern geospatial data network. In: Proceedings, GIS 2001. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, February 19-22.
- Morgan, D.G., M.A. Eng, R.E. Page, and R.S. McNay. 1997. An object oriented decision support system for black-tailed deer on Vancouver Island. In: Thompson, I. D. (Editor) The status of forestry/wildlife decision support systems in Canada.
- Akenhead, S.A., A.J. Thomson, D. Morgan, B. Adams, and W.M. Strome. 1996. Planning sustainable forestry when there are complicated rules and many stakeholders. In: Proc. Eco-Informa '96, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, 4-7 November 1996. pp. 399-404.
- Thomson, A.J., D.G. Goodenough, W.R. Archibald, D.G. Morgan, B. Adams, D. Hawkins, and D. Say. 1996. Landscape management and biodiversity: automating the design of Forest Ecosystem Networks. AI Applications 10(3):57-65.
- Eng, M.A., H.B. Enns, D.G. Morgan, and R.E. Page. 1994. Protected areas in British Columbia: an analysis of gaps in representation for conservation purposes. Guide to version 1.2a spreadsheet and digital maps. Research Rep., Min. For., Res. Br., Victoria, B.C. [PDF 19037KB]
- Morgan, D.G., R.E. Page, M.A. Eng, and H.B. Enns. 1994. Spatially explicit planning tools. Decision Support 2001, Toronto Ontario, September 12-16, 1994. pp. 556-567.