Publications – Craig Ferguson
This researcher no longer works for the B.C. Government.
Listed in order of publication date.
- Russell, J.H. and D.C. Ferguson. 2010. Western redcedar browse resistance breeding and deployment material. pages 160-162 in Harrington, Constance 2010. A tale of two cedars: International symposium on western redcedar and yellow-cedar. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-828. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 177 p. [Link]
- Vyse, A., C. Ferguson, D.J. Huggard, J. Roach, and B. Zimonick. 2009. Regeneration beneath lodgepole pine dominated stands attacked or threatened by the mountain pine beetle in the south central Interior, British Columbia. For. Ecol. Manage. 258(Supplement 1):s36-s43. IUFRO Conference on Biodiversity in Forest Ecosystems and Landscapes. [Link]
- Russell, J.H. and D.C. Ferguson. 2008. Preliminary results from five generations of a western redcedar (Thuja plicata) selection study with self-mating. Tree Genetics Genomes 4(3):509-518. [Link]
- Vyse, A., C. Ferguson, and D.J. Huggard. 2008. Wind and snow damage nine years following four harvest treatments in a subalpine fir - Engelmann spruce forest at Sicamous Creek in southern interior British Columbia, Canada. For. Chron. 84(3):401-409. [Link]
- Vyse, A., C. Ferguson, S.W. Simard, T. Kano, and P. Puttonen. 2006. Growth of Douglas-fir, lodgepole pine, and ponderosa pine seedlings underplanted in a partially-cut, dry Douglas-fir stand in south-central British Columbia. For. Chron. 82(5):723-732. [Link]
- Russell, J. and C. Ferguson. 2004. Techniques and preliminary results from four generations of selfing western redcedar. In: O'Neill, G.A. and J.D. Simpson (Editors). 2004. Proceedings of the twenty-ninth meeting of the Canadian Tree Improvement Association - part 2: climate change and forest genetics. Can. Tree Improve. Assoc., July 26-29, Kelowna, B.C. pp. 66.
- Russell, J. and C. Ferguson. 2004. Techniques and preliminary results from four generations of selfing Western redcedar. In: Climate Change and Forest Genetics, 29th Meeting of the Canadian Tree Improvement Association, July 26-29, 2004, Kelowna, BC. pp.23.
- Huggard, D.J., A. Vyse, W. Klenner, and C. Ferguson. 2001. Wind and snow damage in ESSF: Update from Sicamous Creek. In: Mitchell, S.J. and J. Rodney (compilers). Proceedings of the Windthrow Researchers Workshop held January 31-February 1, 2001 in Richmond, British Columbia, pp. 58-63 [(alternate source 2700KB)]
- Russell, J.H. and D.C. Ferguson. 1990. Production of Genetically Improved Stecklings of Interior Spruce A Grower's Manual. B.C. Min. For. and For. Can., Victoria, B.C. FRDA Rep. 110. [Link]
- Russell, J.H., S.C. Grossnickle, D.C. Ferguson, and D.W. Carson. 1990. Yellow-cedar Stecklings: Nursery Production and Field Performance. B.C. Min. For. and For. Can., Victoria, B.C. FRDA Rep. 148. [Link]