Mackenzie River Basin State of the Aquatic Ecosystem
In 2003, the Mackenzie River Basin Board released the first State of the Aquatic Ecosystem Report to provide an understanding of the current state of the aquatic ecosystem.
- Informs basin residents, decision makers and Ministers about the ecological integrity of the Mackenzie River watershed
- Identifies gaps and inconsistencies in knowledge and monitoring practices and points towards possible improvements
- Highlights the value of Traditional Ecological Knowledge as an integral component in ecological assessment.
- Read highlights of the Report (PDF)
The report has been broken into 12 separate documents for ease of access.
- Covers, Letter, Table of Contents, Preface (PDF)
- Highlights (PDF)
- Chapter 1: Whole Basin Overview (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Chapter 2: Athabasca Sub-basin (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Chapter 3: Peace Sub-basin (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Chapter 4: Liard Sub-basin (PDF)
- Chapter 5: Peel Sub-basin (PDF)
- Chapter 6: Great Slave Sub-basin (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Chapter 7: The Mackenzie Great Bear Sub-basin (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Chapter 8: Recent and Anticipated Developments (PDF)
- Acknowledgements (PDF)
- References (PDF)