Renewing, replacing or updating an Armoured Vehicle Permit
Renewing a Permit
Your permit is valid for five years and must be renewed before it expires.
To renew a permit:
- Complete the Application to Renew a Current Permit to Operate an Armoured Vehicle.
- Complete the Authorized Credit Card Usage Form to use Visa or MasterCard to pay the fee or enclose a bank-issued certified cheque or money order payable to the Minister of Finance. (Do not send cash. Debit credit cards, Personal cheques, and business cheques are not accepted.)
- Mail the permit renewal application, credit card authorization (if necessary) or cheque or money order to Security Programs Division.
If your renewal application is refused, the fee cannot be refunded.
Replacing a Permit
You must carry your permit whenever you are operating an armoured vehicle.
If your permit is lost or stolen, you must submit a Request for Replacement of Current Permit to Operate an Armoured Vehicle form to the Registrar within 14 days.
Updating a Permit
You must notify the Registrar within 14 days of:
- A change in your employment (if the operation of an armoured vehicle under the permit is for the purposes of that employment)
- A change in your circumstances such that you no longer require the permit for a purpose prescribed under section 4 (1) (d) the act
- A change in your residential address, or
- Any new criminal charges or convictions against you
To report a change, submit Reporting an Update to Current Permit to Operate an Armoured Vehicle to the Registrar.