Applying for an Armoured Vehicle Permit

Unless you do not require a permit, you must apply to the Registrar of Security Services for permission to operate an armoured vehicle. You will be asked to demonstrate your need for the vehicle and you will be required to undergo criminal record, police information, and correctional service information checks.

To apply for a permit:

  1. Complete the Application for a New Permit to Operate an Armoured Vehicle.
  2. Complete the Authorized Credit Card Usage Form to use Visa or MasterCard to pay the fee or enclose a bank-issued certified cheque or money order payable to the Minister of Finance. (Do not send cash. Debit-credit cards, personal cheques, and business cheques are not accepted.)
  3. Mail the permit application, credit card authorization (if necessary) or cheque or money order to Security Programs Division.

If your application is denied, the fee cannot be refunded.

Armoured car permit holders must comply with the Armoured Vehicle and After-Market Compartment Control Act and Regulation and the terms and conditions of their permits.