Please note: this material no longer aligns with the current BC Curriculum. It is here for your reference purpose only, as you may find some of the elements useful.
The following resources assist K-12 educators in incorporating environmental sustainability ideas and concepts into their teaching.
Sustainable School Best Practice Guide
The guide addresses key actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and encourage the wise use of resources such as energy and water.
- Sustainable School Best Practice Guide (PDF)
- Guide des meilleures pratiques pour les écoles vertes (PDF)
The Sustainability Course Content: Curriculum Framework
The framework includes topic areas and possible learning outcomes to assist educators in their development of sustainability-related course content for Board Authority/Authorized courses.
- Sustainability Course Content: Curriculum Framework (PDF)
- Contenu des cours sur la durabilité Cadre conceptuel (PDF)
Environmental Learning and Experience: An Interdisciplinary Guide for Teachers
The guide outlines key principles for environmental learning and how to integrate them into teaching.
- Environmental Learning And Experience An interdisciplinary guide for teachers (PDF)
- Éducation à l’environnement Guide interdisciplinaire à l’intention des enseignantes et des enseignants (PDF)
Case Study: Ethics – KLO Middle School
(WMV, 18.5 MB)
Curriculum Maps connect environmental concepts to K-12 learning outcomes in all subject areas.