International Education Scholarships and Awards
The Ministry of Education provides international education scholarships and awards to:
- Promote the development of intercultural knowledge and skills for B.C. students and teachers
- Develop and strengthen relationships with foreign partners
- Promote the recruitment of French language and French immersion teachers to B.C.
Select one of the following scholarships and awards to learn more and download the application/nomination forms:
- Student Exchange and Mobility Award (Updated for 2019/20 application)
- Teacher Exchange and Mobility Award (Updated for 2019/20 application)
- International Student Ambassador Scholarships for K-12 Entry and for Post-Secondary Entry (Updated 2019/20 application will be posted in late 2019 or early 2020)
- BC-China Award of Excellence for the Study of Chinese (Updated 2019/20 application will be posted in mid-December 2019)
- Visiting French Teacher Placement Scholarships (Updated for 2019/20)
- Visiting French Teacher Training Scholarships (Updated for 2019/20)
The British Columbia Council for International Education (BCCIE) administers the scholarships and awards on behalf of the Ministry of Education. BCCIE receives applications and nominations, participates in the adjudication process, and distributes funding to successful recipients.
The scholarships and awards are administered taking regional considerations into account.