International Education Mobility Programs
The International Education Mobility Programs (IEMP) are intended to support B.C. school districts to engage in international education and further develop intercultural skills and global competence for B.C.’s students.
The ministry provides International Education Mobility Programs to:
- Promote a more equitable distribution of international education benefits across the province;
- Increase opportunities for B.C. students to develop intercultural skills and global competence;
- Further B.C.’s commitment to reconciliation by promoting cultural exchanges with Indigenous peoples;
- Develop and strengthen relationships with foreign partners;
- Work toward diversification of the international student population in B.C.; and
- Promote B.C. as a preferred study destination for international students.
Apply for the program
For this school year, these programs will be available to districts with smaller or developing programs (i.e. enrolment fewer than 400 international students). The application was due Friday, October 28, 2022.
The Final Report must be submitted by the Lead Applicant, and be completed in a manner consistent with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The report is due Thursday, August 31, 2023.
The British Columbia Council for International Education (BCCIE) administers the programs on behalf of the ministry. BCCIE receives applications and nominations, participates in the adjudication process, and distributes funding to successful recipients.
The awards are administered taking regional and program size considerations into account.