Government of B.C.

Before you start

Due to COVID-19, please follow your school/district's protocols for contacting them during this time. 



If you are a former student, you can update the following personal information:
  • Name
  • Gender
  • Date of birth   

Current K-12 students, please request changes at your school.

Note: The name showing on transcripts and certificates will appear in all uppercase. This cannot be changed.

You cannot change your Personal Education Number.

Request Update

First time users must register for a Basic BCeID. If you already have a Basic BCeID from another service (for example, StudentTranscripts) you can log in to update your PEN information.

Register for a Basic BCeID to Access PEN Services

By creating a BCeID you can request your Personal Education Number (PEN) or change your personal information associated with your PEN.

Log in with your BCeID to Update your Personal Information

With your BCeID you are able to update the information that is associated with your PEN. This will allow you to get transcripts showing your current legal name.


For more information about PEN, contact the PEN Coordinator