Before you start
Due to COVID-19, please follow your school/district's protocols for contacting them during this time.
Fastest Way to Find Your PEN for
Current B.C. K-12 Students
- Contact the main office of your school
Parents or Guardians of Current Students
- Contact the main office of your student's school
Former B.C. K-12 Students
Applying to Post-secondary Institutions & PEN
- Having your PEN can make applying to university or college easier, however it is not essential
- If you are applying to an institution in B.C. from outside the province, they will request a PEN for you
An institution cannot deny or delay your application if you do not provide your PEN.
Your PEN is a nine-digit number assigned to you when your entered our school system. Your school student ID will not work.
You may have a PEN if you:
- Attended a B.C. K-12 school since 1993
- Wrote a provincial exam since 1986 or
- Attended a B.C. Public Post-Secondary Institution since 1998
You can use your PEN to:
- View or order your secondary school transcript
- Send your secondary school transcripts to post-secondary institutions
- Order your graduation certificate
- View your scholarships
- View your provincial exam or graduation assessment results
Before you can log into GetMyPEN, you must sign-up for a Basic BCeID. If you already have a Basic BCeID you can log into GetMyPEN.
Register for a Basic BCeID to Access PEN Services
By creating a BCeID you can request your Personal Education Number (PEN) or change your personal information associated with your PEN.
Log into GetMyPEN with your BCeID
Log into GetMyPEN to request your Personal Education Number so you can access services like viewing your transcripts or registering with a post-secondary institution.