The purpose of the credentialing workshop is to:
- Outline the duties and responsibilities of markers
- Establish valid and reliable marking processes
- Credential B.C. teachers for the purpose of marking
Last updated: April 18, 2023
On this page:
To register for an upcoming Numeracy or Literacy credentialing workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified as soon as sessions are scheduled.
The workshops consist of an orientation to the provincial assessment, familiarization with the marking rubrics, and reviewing sample student responses. Participants will also receive feedback on their marking of sample responses.
During the workshop, participants will complete two assessments:
- Literacy or Numeracy Assessment (30 minutes): Respond to one constructed response question. Responses will be marked by the facilitators.
- Credentialing Assessment (90 minutes): Mark 40 sample responses electronically
Participants must complete the workshop and both assessments to become a credentialed marker.
Upon successful completion of the credentialing workshop, markers will be emailed information on how to sign up to mark during the assessment windows each school year. All markers must be teaching in a B.C. or Yukon School (public or independent), hold a current B.C. or Yukon teaching certification, and must be present in B.C. or Yukon during the time of marking. Due to the grade level of the assessments, hiring priority will be given to those currently in Secondary Schools (grades 8-12).