StrongStart BC Information for Teachers
StrongStart BC facilitators provide a positive early learning experience for children (aged birth to five) and their families. Their goal is to create an interactive, play-based environment that supports caregivers and children to enjoy learning together, develop essential skills and prepare for a transition to school.
Facilitators influence, nurture and support our next generation reach its fullest potential by:
- Planning and leading early learning activities and curriculum based on the B.C. Early Learning Framework
- Offering thoughtful and creative play experiences
- Exploring language through story, music and word-play
- Fostering discovery through books, art and manipulatives
- Modelling healthy exercise and food choices
- Encouraging parents and caregivers to participate in activities
- Supporting and facilitating parent/caregiver and child relationships
- Referring and connecting families to community resources
StrongStart BC centres are administered by individual school districts. Facilitators of the programs are employees of the district and are certified as an Early Childhood Educator (ECE).
- To find out more about working in a StrongStart BC program in your community, contact your local school district
The B.C. ECE Registry is responsible for certifying qualified Early Childhood Educators upon completion of an approved program.
Strong evidence indicates that regular reflection and assessment of educator practice helps ensure program standards are upheld. Use this tool to maintain the high quality of your local StrongStart BC program by reflecting on your practice, sharing insights with other educators and, where needed, implementing improvements.
- Reflecting on Quality: Program Reflection Tool for StrongStart BC programs (PDF, 1.50MB) -Updated February 14
- Réflexions sur la qualité: Outil de réflexion sur le programme Franc depart C.-B. (PDF)
StrongStart BC Program Evaluation
StrongStart BC’s operation and effectiveness was researched and evaluated to help guide future program development.