PEN Assignment and Attendance
Coordinate with your school administrator the process you will use to:
- Ensure each child attending a StrongStart BC program is assigned a Personal Education Number (PEN)
- Collect enrolment and attendance information about children attending the program – including names, birthdates and any other information required for the successful operation of the program
- Report regularly to the Ministry of Education
Personal Education Numbers (PENs)
The following is an overview of the PEN request process:
- Collect registration forms for every child attending the program.
- Verify each child’s identity.
- Submit a PEN request.
Be sure that your StrongStart BC registration form includes the following student information:
- Legal surname
- Legal given name
- Legal middle name
- Usual surname
- Usual given name
- Usual middle name
- Birth date
- Residential Postal Code
For verification purposes, parents are asked to present proof of their child’s identity at the time of registration. Acceptable legal documents include:
- Any type of vital statistics document like a birth certificate
- Identification / documents issued by Immigration Canada or the B.C. Government (e.g. passport, visa, permanent resident card, certificate of citizenship, BCID)
- An Aboriginal Status card