B.C. Map Hub
The Map Hub is the official B.C. Government presence in ArcGIS Online. It is a collaborative place to explore, engage, innovate and communicate using the language of maps and data. Search for content, browse maps, ask questions and for government professionals - author content. Make a map, share your data, collaborate with others.
- Attention: ArcGIS Online web map/app authors/owners
- DataBC plans to update the underlying REST format of all public BC Geographic Warehouse (BCGW) map layers in ArcGIS Online. This will require an ACTION on the part of all ArcGIS Online web map authors to update any references to these layers in ArcGIS Online web maps or web applications.
- When: The update will be applied on Thursday, January 31st, 2019 beginning at 4:00pm.
- No Outage is expected.
- All public BCGW layers in ArcGIS Online will be updated - see Province of BC data layers
- All ArcGIS Online web maps or applications that reference these dynamic json image map layers will continue to work in the short term; however, authors/owners will need to update them with the replacement layers before June 2019.
- All ArcGIS Online web maps or applications built after January 31st will automatically reference the updated (non-dynamic JSON) map service layers.
- In response to Esri's plans to revoke support for dynamic JSON layer access in ArcGIS Online in June 2019, DataBC is working to provide replacement layers for the Province of BC data layers currently available in ArcGIS Online. Replacement layers are expected to be available February 1, 2019. We will provide more details when replacement layers are available.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact: email@example.com
Find more data in the B.C. Data Catalogue.