We're currently in a period of fiscal restraint. All staffing and classification requests must be approved by the Deputy Minister before being submitted to the BC Public Service Agency for processing.
- Deputy Minister approval is required for classification requests for all positions, whether vacant or encumbered, management or Bargaining Unit
- When submitting a classification review, you must advise if the request has the Deputy Minister’s approval to proceed
- All exclusion requests are forwarded to the union for review/approval as per the exclusion process
- A new excluded position can be filled if you've received approval from your Deputy Minister, and the union has agreed to the exclusion
- Questions regarding exclusion requests can be submitted through an AskMyHR service request using the category My Team or Organization (or) A Hiring Manager > Job Classification > Exclude a Position.