Last updated: March 22, 2023
BC Public Service laboratory assistants perform analytical tests where the procedures are routine and the reading is straightforward.
- Maintain clerical records in the laboratory
- Operate complex analytical equipment under direction
- Prepare samples for testing by senior staff
- Weigh and measure substances
- Prepare chemical solutions
Applicable job codes
|Bargaining unit code||3|
Note: Per the 19th Main Public Service Agreement, the employer and the BCGEU have jointly agreed that, effective April 1, 2022, the point band range for Grid 11 will be amalgamated with the point band range for Grid 12.
As a result of this decision, Grid 11 will no longer be used and all employees who are currently at the Grid 11 level will be moved over to their same classification at the Grid 12 level.
Previous pay rates
Review pay rates in this pay grid.
Laboratory Assistant 9