Volume 8 - Construction Guidelines
Provides Construction Guidelines and helpful forms useful for the implementation of bridge projects.
Guidelines to Project Supervisors
This manual has been prepared to assist in the supervision of bridge construction projects. Its intent is to establish a basis for the relationship with the Contractor and to provide a guide for the uniform interpretation and application of the Construction Agreement, Special Provisions (Schedule 3) and "Standard Specifications for Highway Construction". Emphasis is placed on "Quality Control" and "Quality Assurance" of the project and the safety aspects of the construction operations.
- Guidelines to Project Supervisors (PDF - April 1996)
The following files are formatted in Microsoft Word 2.0 to assist project managers. They can be viewed from your browser with a Microsoft Word helper application, or downloaded to your hard drive.
- Construction Joint (DOC - May 2014)
- H.38 - Monthly Progress Payments (DOC - May 2014)
- H.47 - Concrete Inspection (DOC - May 2014)
- Sample Weekly Bridge Construction Report (DOC - May 2014)
- H.128 - Daily Work Report of Extra Work or Contentious Items (DOC - May 2014)
- H.177 - Work Orders/Supplemental Agreement (DOC - May 2014)
- H.358 - Daily Work Report for Extra Work and Provisional Sums (DOC - May 2014)
- Flow Chart - Guidelines to Project Supervisors (DOC - May 2014)
- Sample Drawing - Deck Concrete Data and "As Built" Profile (DOC - May 2014)
- Sample Drawing - Typical Pile Driving Records (DOC - May 2014)
- Flow Chart - Bridge Construction Development (DOC - May 2014)
- Bibliography (DOC - May 2014)
- Appendices (DOC - May 2014)
- Form - Tabulation of Screeds (DOC - May 2014)
- Form H-53 - Pile Driving (DOC - May 2014)
- Form H-57 - Weekly Bridge Construction Report (DOC - May 2014)