Highway 1 - Kamloops to Alberta - Travel Advisories
The Trans-Canada Highway 1 is the primary east-west connection through British Columbia. The Four-Laning Program is underway and may create travel delays throughout the corridor. Find out why this is still your most efficient route from Kamloops to Alberta and what to expect during construction.
|Location||Expect delays up to:|
|Kamloops to Salmon Arm||20 min – 30 min|
|Salmon Arm to Revelstoke||5 min – 10 min|
|Revelstoke to Golden||20 min – 40 min|
|Cumulative Delays for Entire Route from Kamloops to Golden||45 min – 90 min|
Anticipated Construction Delays
Golden to Alberta Border
There may be substantial delays on the Golden to Alberta Border portion of the highway due to the Kicking Horse Canyon Project.
Expect travel delays as we continue to upgrade the Trans-Canada Highway to a modern four-lane standard.
We suggest people plan their travel in advance and be mindful of construction activities. Please continue to check DriveBC.ca and this website for more detailed and up-to-date information.
We would like to thank the public in advance for their patience as we work to improve the safety, reliability and capacity of the highway.
Overall travel advice
Project travel advisories
- Chase Four-Laning
- Ford to Tappen
- Salmon Arm West
- RW Bruhn Bridge
- Quartz Creek Bridge
- Kicking Horse Canyon
Check DriveBC for current highway conditions and follow @DriveBC on Twitter.
Learn more about B.C.'s Trans-Canada Highway 1 on TranBC
- Four Laning BC Highway 1: Your Questions Answered
- Trans-Canada Improvements (and Delays) Ahead: How You Can Be Prepared
- 10 Things You Don’t Know About the Trans-Canada Highway
- 4 Unseen Engineering Marvels in BC
- BC Road Trip Time Machine: Lytton to Revelstoke, circa 1966
- What is So Important about Phase Four of the Kicking Horse Canyon?
- Boots on the Ground: A Day in the Life of a Road Area Manager
- Innovative Rockfall Netting System Aims to Improve Safety at Three Valley Gap
- Search TranBC for Trans-Canada Highway
Photographs of the Highway 1 - Kamloops to Alberta - Four Laning Program
Videos of the Highway 1 - Kamloops to Alberta - Four Laning Program