Fire Prevention, Safety & Reporting
The Office of the Fire Commissioner (OFC) provides advice, guidance and support to members of the British Columbia fire service.
Working together, along with members of the public, we can reduce the number and severity of fires, and lead the way in making our province fire safe.
Fire Prevention Information & Education
The OFC supports fire and life safety educators with fire prevention information, toolkits, messaging and resources.
Training Standards & Codes
The OFC establishes the firefighter training standards in B.C. The standard is based on the competencies garnered from international codes related to firefighting.
- Read about how the OFC is involved in Fire Safety Training
- Read about the Local Assistants to the Fire Commissioner (LAFC)
- Learn about LAFC training and access resources
- Learn about the Legislation, Regulations, Fire Codes and Information Bulletins relevant to fire safety and prevention in B.C.
Fire Incident Reporting
The fire incident reporting system (FIRES) collects information about fires that cause damage, injury or use fire department resources. The information gathered is useful for many reasons, including the development of future fire prevention education programs and comparing statistics.
- Read more about Fire Incident Reporting
Awards & Recognition
To thank the good people in the fire service, there are several options for recognition.
- Learn about available fire service awards and recognition.