- Smith, J.H.G. 1954. A cooperative study of Engelmann spruce – alpine fir silviculture and management. N.W. Sci. 28(4):157–164.
- Smith, J.H.G. and M.B. Clark. 1960. Growth and survival of Engelmann spruce and alpine fir on seed spots at Bolean Lake, B.C. 1954–1959. For. Chron. 36(1):46–49.
Smith, J.H.G. and M.B. Clark. 1974. Results of methods of cutting and related studies initiated in the ESSF forests near Bolean Lake, B.C. N.W. Scientific Assoc. Meet., May 1974,Vancouver, B.C.
- Herring, L.J. 1977. Studies of advance subalpine fir in the Kamloops Forest District. B.C. Min. For., Res. Br. Res. Note RN-80.
- Mather, J. 1987. Assessment of silvicultural practices in the Engelmann Spruce – Subalpine fir zone in the Kamloops Forest Region. B.C. Min. For. Lands, Silv. Section, Kamloops, B.C.
- Mather, J. 1991. A comparison of silvicultural systems in the ESSFdc2 subzone at Bolean Lake 38 years after logging. B.C. Min. For., Kamloops For. Reg., Kamloops, B.C.