Basal Insulins for Type 2 Diabetes
Personalized education in 30-60 minutes in your office at a time that is convenient for you. This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 2.0 Mainpro+ credits.
Participants will be able to assess a patient’s risk for hypoglycemia and confidently make adjustments to glucose lowering therapy to minimize the risk.
During the academic detailing visit, participants will have the opportunity to discuss:
- Evidence for the comparative hypoglycemia risk of basal insulins and medication costs for people with type 2 diabetes
- Relevant clinical considerations when prescribing and monitoring basal insulin therapy for people with type 2 diabetes
- How different guidelines weigh the value of intensifying glucose-lowering medications to achieve tight glycemic control in people with type 2 diabetes
After the academic detailing visit and completion of the Reflection Activity, participants will be able to:
- Compare hypoglycemic risk between the basal insulins.
- Adjust a patient’s glucose lowering therapy to reduce the risk of hypoglycemia.
- Write insulin prescriptions to minimize the risk for error.
- Ensure insulin therapy (and associated supplies) are affordable and manageable for patients.
When: Until December 5, 2020
Where: Your office at your convenience, or via individual Web session
How: Email email@example.com or Phone 604-398-5918
- Basal Insulins for Type 2 Diabetes: How does insulin choice affect the risk of hypoglycemia and medication cost?
- Supplement References
For more information about the PAD service, visit PAD Frequently Asked Questions