Budget 2022 Consultation
In the last year, COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. No one could predict the path this pandemic would take, and as government, we have adapted quickly to ensure that people, businesses and communities have the support they need.
British Columbians have made significant progress to keep each other safe, giving us a lot of hope for the days, weeks and months ahead. With more people getting their vaccinations every day, we are protecting ourselves, our friends, families, and communities. Together, we are starting to return to the things we enjoy.
For many people, this summer has been an eagerly anticipated opportunity to enjoy the company of family, visit favourite restaurants and shops and explore our province after a difficult and often isolated year. It is our goal to ensure that British Columbians have what they need now – to protect lives and livelihoods so we can look ahead to an economic recovery that includes everyone.
B.C.’s recovery won’t happen overnight, but by focusing on protecting the services people rely on, creating new opportunities for people and building a more affordable province, we can ensure an economic recovery that doesn’t leave anyone behind.
This consultation is just one of the ways we are working with people, stakeholder groups, businesses and communities. It is one of the opportunities for us to ask, as we move ahead together, what matters most to you and your family.
The last year has shown we are strongest when we work together. We saw people come together throughout the province to protect their loved ones and their communities. I look ahead to B.C.’s future with hope and determination as a witness to the resilience of our communities.
The Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services is one of ten permanent parliamentary committees of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia. Each year, the committee holds province-wide consultations to seek the views of people in B.C. and presents a final report with recommendations to the Legislative Assembly.
Current budget consultation
- Read the 2022 Budget Consultation Paper - English (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Read the 2022 Budget Consultation Paper - French (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Read the 2022 Budget Consultation Paper - Simplified Chinese (PDF, 721KB)
- Read the 2022 Budget Consultation Paper - Traditional Chinese (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Read the 2022 Budget Consultation Paper - Farsi (PDF, 2.6MB)
- Read the 2022 Budget Consultation Paper - Korean (PDF, 2.6MB)
- Read the 2022 Budget Consultation Paper - Japanese (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Read the 2022 Budget Consultation Paper - Tagalog (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Read the 2022 Budget Consultation Paper - Hindi (PDF, 2.6MB)
- Read the 2022 Budget Consultation Paper - Punjabi (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Read the 2022 Budget Consultation Paper - Urdu (PDF, 2.5MB)
B.C. Government Communications and Public Engagement reconnaît le soutien financier de la province de la Colombie-Britannique et du gouvernement du Canada par le biais de l'Entente Canada-Colombie-Britannique relative aux services en français.
How to submit your ideas
To participate in the consultation process, please visit the Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services.
Previous budget consultations
View budget consultation papers from previous years:
- Budget Consultation Paper 2021 (PDF, 441KB)
- Budget Consultation Paper 2020 (PDF, 645KB)
- Budget Consultation Paper 2019 (PDF, 669KB)
- Budget Consultation Paper 2018 (PDF, 506KB)
- Budget Consultation Paper 2017 (PDF, 860KB)
- Budget Consultation Paper 2016 (PDF, 539KB)
- Budget Consultation Paper 2015 (PDF, 364KB)
- Budget Consultation Paper 2014 (PDF, 304KB)
- Budget Consultation Paper 2013 (PDF, 469KB)
- Budget Consultation Paper 2012 (PDF 3.3MB)
- Budget Consultation Paper 2011 (PDF, 1.5MB)