Current Streamflow Conditions and Flood Forecast Modeling
Current River Discharge & Water Level Information
Access the current hydrometric data:
- Map of Current Streamflow Conditions for All Real-time WSC Stations in BC
- Water Survey of Canada's Real-Time Hydrometric Data
CLEVER Model Forecasts
The Channel Links Evolution Efficient Routing (CLEVER) Model provides 10-day real-time flow forecasts for select locations around British Columbia. During the spring freshet season the model is updated daily during business days, and on weekends during critical periods.
WARNS Model Forecasts
The WARNS Model provides discharge and water level forecasts for the Fraser River and its major tributaries. During the spring freshet season the WARNS model is updated daily during business days, and on weekends during critical periods.
COFFEE Model Forecasts
The COastal Fall Flood Ensemble Estimation (COFFEE) Model provides a 5-day real-time flow forecasts for select watersheds in coastal British Columbia, including Vancouver Island, South Coast, Central Coast and the North-West. The COFFEE model is updated when a rainfall events occur during the autumn-winter storm season.
Low Streamflow Conditions and Forecasts
- Drought Information Portal
- Map of 7-Day Average Streamflow Conditions
- ELF Model 30-Day Low Streamflow Forecast (Note: The ELF Model is an empirical mathematical model without any climate data input. Therefore, the ELF Model forecasts are only the worst (lowest flow) scenarios without any rainfall during the forecast period.)
Lower Fraser River Monitoring & Forecasting
The province provides regular water-level forecasts for the lower Fraser River: