Fishers - Regulation Part 7, Section 37
This section excludes fishers from the minimum wage, hours of work and overtime except for protection from excessive hours of work, statutory holidays, annual vacation and termination of employment provisions of the Act.
37. The following provisions of the Act do not apply to fishers:
(a) section 16 (minimum wages);
(b) Part 4, other than section 39;
(c) Parts 5, 7 and 8.
Fishers are excluded from the hours of work and overtime provisions of the Act, with the exception of s. 39, which provides protection against working excessive hours detrimental to the employee’s health or safety. They are also excluded from the minimum wage, statutory holidays, annual vacation and termination of employment provisions of the Act.
Related sections of the Act or Regulation
- s.16, Employers required to pay minimum wage
- s.39, No excessive hours
- Part 4, Hours of work and overtime (except s.39)
- Part 5, Statutory holidays
- Part 7, Annual vacation
- Part 8, Termination of employment