Tourism Events Program
The Tourism Events Program (TEP) helps events increase the volume of visitors to British Columbia, and/or increase global recognition for the province by providing supplemental funding for marketing, promotional, advertising and broadcast activities. It supports a wide range of events, including arts, cultural or internationally recognized competitive sporting events.
To be eligible for TEP funding, applicants must comply with the following eligibility requirements:
- The event must take place in BC.
- The event must be confirmed (i.e. funding for an event bid is not eligible).
- The event should be able to demonstrate financial viability (i.e. majority of operational funding is confirmed).
- The event must be a tourism event (i.e. the event is a draw for tourists, and is not primarily community focused).
- The event must be a sporting competition, arts or cultural celebration, or festival.
- Organizers must be able to apply for at least the full minimum amount of TEP funding ($10,000) for eligible activities.
- Each event requires a separate application form and must be submitted during the appropriate intake window.
Visit the program page for full eligibility criteria.
Last updated: October 10, 2019