Destination BC Tourism Events Program
The Tourism Events Program (TEP) helps events increase the volume of visitors to British Columbia, and/or increase global recognition for the province by providing funding for marketing or promotional activities. It supports a wide range of events, including arts, cultural or internationally recognized competitive sporting events.
To be eligible for TEP funding, applicants must comply with the following eligibility requirements:
- The event must take place in B.C., be confirmed, and should be able to demonstrate financial viability.
- The event is a sporting competition, arts, cultural celebration or festival.
- The event is a discrete event, meaning it engages or attracts a focused audience for a limited period of time. Events, shows, tours or projects held over an extended period of time are not eligible for funding.
- The event may be part of a multi-year or annual series. However, events are eligible for funding for a maximum of three years and must reapply each year. An event that has reached the three year maximum may reapply after a one year waiting period. Exceptions to the waiting period may be considered.
- Events may not be primarily commercial or academic in nature; however, ancillary events/festivals created to coincide with these examples may be eligible.
Visit the program page for full eligibility criteria.
Last updated: May 22, 2018