BCIC Ignite provides funding to accelerate commercialization of new technologies and innovations in the natural resources and applied sciences in B.C.
The program provides awards of up to $300,000 to consortia that are conducting research projects that address a significant demonstrated problem faced by industry and will commercialize a proposed innovation within a 3-year timeframe.
- Winter-Spring 2018 Competition: Letters of Intent due January 2018
- Summer-Fall 2018 Competition: Letters of Intent due June 2018
- Focus: Proposals must involve the areas of natural resources, applied science and/or engineering, and must provide a clearly articulated solution to an existing problem.
- Teams: Applicants must be a B.C.-based consortium comprised of two or more companies, organizations and academic researchers. All consortia must include an academic member and an industry partner.
- Matching funds: Projects must secure matching funds from industry or government sources at a ratio of 2:1 matching dollars to Ignite dollars.
- Timing: Projects must plan to move a proposed innovation to market within a 3-year timeframe.
Last updated: October 31, 2017