Music & Entertainment Licences

In order to play recorded music in your establishment, you’ll be required to obtain two licenses.

Music Licences

  • SOCAN: This licence serves to ensure that composers and music producers receive appropriate royalties. For more information, visit SOCAN’s Music Licencees page.
  • Re:Sound: While SOCAN collects fees on behalf of composers and music publishers, Re:Sound compensates artists and record labels. For more information, visit Re:Sound’s Music Users page.