Post-Secondary Studies During COVID-19
B.C. public post-secondary institutions remain open and committed to offering students options for staying on track, graduating on time, and meeting their learning goals.
Last updated: August 6, 2020
On this page:
- Fall 2020 academic term
- Health and safety guidance for post-secondary institutions
- COVID-19 campus safety plans
For the fall 2020 academic term, education and skills training will be delivered using a variety of formats, while protecting the health and safety of students, faculty and staff.
- Larger classes will be offered primarily through remote delivery
- Where health and safety permits, in-person instruction will be delivered on-campus to support essential experiential learning, graduate education and work-integrated learning
- Some courses will be delivered using a blend of on-campus and online instruction with theory delivered remotely, and some hands-on learning components delivered on-campus
Students are encouraged to visit their post-secondary institution's website for the latest course delivery information.
In preparation for the 2020/2021 academic year, public post-secondary institutions collaborated with key stakeholders, the BC Centre for Disease Control, WorkSafeBC, the Deputy Provincial Health Officer, and key education partners and stakeholders to develop comprehensive health and safety guidelines for campus operations during the pandemic.
- The post-secondary Go-Forward Guidelines identify general occupational health and safety protocols to assist institutions with the development of individual COVID-19 safety plans
- The protocols will be periodically updated, as necessary, to align with evolving guidance from the Provincial Health Officer
Each institution must develop a COVID-19 safety plan that outlines the policies, guidelines, and procedures they have put in place to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- As part of each safety plan, all faculty, staff, students and visitors must assess themselves daily for COVID-19 symptoms prior to using campus property
Review your Institution's Safety Plan
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Camosun College
- Capilano University
- Coast Mountain College
- College of New Caledonia
- College of the Rockies
- Douglas College
- Emily Carr University of Art and Design
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Langara College
- Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
- North Island College
- Northern Lights College
- Okanagan College
- Royal Roads University
- Selkirk College
- Simon Fraser University
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of Victoria
- Vancouver Community College
- Vancouver Island University
Please inform AEST.EM@gov.bc.ca of any broken links on this page.